Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sauteed Radishes

How many radishes can you eat? I could eat one or two raw, maybe a few more in a salad, but the sting of a raw radish isn't something I appreciate. 

With more radishes coming from the garden than any two people really needed, I looked for something different to try. These sauteed radishes are mellow and sweet and caramelized and don't really taste like radishes at all! Next year I won't sigh as my gardener brings in handfuls of radishes - most of them will be going into the frying pan!


Sauteed Radishes adapted from Martha Stewart
10 radishes, halved or quartered depending on size
3 T butter
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper
freshly chopped parsley


Melt butter in a frying pan and saute radishes until browned. Add water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Serves 2.